Mestral was born in 1993 as a project of Cáritas Diocesana de Menorca. Its aims are:
• Employment and social integration of people at risk of being socially excluded.
• Environmental protection
• Waste management
So, in the environmental area our field of action and our main activities are the following ones:
• Door-to-door collection of large household items.
• Reparation, restoration, re-use.
• Sale of second hand items
• Collection, transport and storage of hazardous waste.
• Cardboard and paper collection
• Waste plant management
• Environmental education and awareness
Mestral has got 2 branches, in Maó and in Ciutadella, but it offers its services to the whole island.
Disadvantaged people attending our ongoing occupational workshops are taught normal working habits through daily activities such as reparation, restoration and re-cycling of materials and items